How to play Table Top Cornhole
Quick Set Up
- The distance between boards varies according to age and skill level (1 to 3 feet).
- Players sit or stand behind one board and alternate tossing small bags at the opposite facing board/hole.
- A bag in and through the hole is worth 3 points.
- A bag that lands on the board but does not go in the hole is worth 1 point.
- A bag toss of equal value thrown against an opponent cancels out the opponent's points.
*When tossing, a player's hand should not cross the front edge of board directly in front of them.
- For 2 or 4 players. (2 Teams)
- Place the boards approximately 1 to 3 ft. apart (according to age and skill level). Team partners face each other from OPPOSITE BOARDS.
- Play starts at either board.
- Each team plays with a set of 4 bags.
- Opponents alternate tosses until all 8 bags are played.
- The round is then scored. (See Scoring)
- Repeat play from the other board.
- The scoring team has the honor of tossing first in the next round.
**Games consisting of single player teams can be played using one board only or players can face each other and alternate tosses at each other's board.
- A game = First team to 21 points.
- 3 points for each bag in and through the hole.
- 1 point for each bag on the board.
- Score is the difference in the team totals. For example: After 1 round or 8 bags played; #1 Team with 1 bag in the hole = 3 points. #2 Team with 2 bags on board = 2 points.
- Score 1st round for #1 Team = 1 point.
- Bags pushed in and through the hole by an opponent's toss count.